I have been making lotsa pineapple tarts lately. And other cookies too. Flapjacks have been one of my latest favourites also, but I will share this in another post instead. Life has been busy busy; searching for God’s direction is on top. Driving test is in 5 days, which I pray I can pass successfully.
Pineapple tart is, of course, not something common you can find here. Many locals have not heard of it, and so do other foreigners. I attended a life group lately and there was this Eyptian couple who complimented how nice the tarts are. It was their first time, n i was happy to share the heritage and significance of these goldies in Malaysia and Singapore (only), especially during the lunar new year. Another lady asked what they were called in Malay; and guess what, I couldn’t answer becoz I don't know. Isn’t pinapple tart more of a Chinese thing? I believe so.
Anyway, like the previous ones, I had to cook the paste from scratch. Pineapple is kinda in season now; just the other day I bought a mini one for hub (who decided to switch to pineapple for a change after the peaches are gone) and it was sweet and nice. What i love to do is buy lots and make them into paste, refrigerate so that they can come handy when i need them.
Just a news to share: I wil be enrolling into Mel Uni for a year in masters of Env Engineering in July. If that doesn't happen, that means God has put me in Coffey. Nevertheless, i just wan to praise Him for everything. God is really awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment