I heart heart chiffon cakes! Being a month away from home, means i've been missing my chiffon tins for 31 days di!! I was checking thru some old files on my laptop, and noticed that i've not blogged about some previous bakes, one of the most is chiffon cake! Over the months in BJ, i've baked countless chiffon cakes, and i don't even remember which type to which di, but one of my favourite and trademark is strawberry chiffon cake.
I improvised this recipe myself, by adding a special ingredient which anybody can tell (i believe), and which makes the cake unique by its taste.
Looking at all these reminiscent chiffon pictures makes me miss my tins even more. I regretted for not tagging them along, and the horrible part is i can't get new ones in SG, because then i would have too many in the end. Tins are pretty pricey here becoz they're in SG dollars, and not worth it when you can get the same ones from dear M'sia which only cost half. Since i'll be going home soon, i'll be bringing them, to SG.I think i've mentioned this before, n will do now again. I DON'T buy chiffon cakes from outside, because
1) they don't actually cost as much as the price they're being sold at. Only eggs man! why up to RM18? lol.
2) the colour sometimes freaks me out (esp. the pandan super green ones) ewwwhh, why do they even bother to add their capital cost?
3) i think homemade ones are better, ya they do!

No comments:
Post a Comment