I never like any steamed cakes (apart from tapioca cake) but this is one recipe i could never resist. Simple, easy and fast. The texture is so moist and soft, i voted it as my most fave cake for 2011. And that is, the steamed chocolate chip muffin.
I saw the recipe and immediately knew i had to make them. Our gas utility is included in the monthly rental, hence whenever possible, i wld try to make use of the stove rather than the electrical oven. I have been craving for chocolate cake for a long time now (eating endless supplies of chocolate won't help, arrgh!) but i simply couldn't find any excuse/ reason to bake one. Until this recipe came along. Terrific. One batch yields 3 muffins only, which is great for two person trying to eat moderately at home.
Batter became sticky after i mixed in the flours, and i thought they wld turn out hard and dry. Popped them onto the steaming hot pan, i was surprised they had bloomed into beautiful 'flower-likes' after only 10 mins!
And so we got our treats in less than 30 mins. They were fluffy n soft. I love them! Low in calorie and sugar, what can be better than these?!?
P/S: My hub complained they tend to stick, but i find them fine. Well, anyways, steamed cakes tend to be stickier than baked ones, becoz the steam reacts with the flour in the batter.
I just borrowed one of Jamie Oliver's cookbooks from the library, and can't wait to practise my culinary skills! Wish me all the best ** fingers crossed**. My hub lost some kgs, n he's praising me for my 'excellent' cooking skills. How bad is that???

No comments:
Post a Comment