Here are some photos of the Layered Cake or Kek Lapis I mentioned yesterday :

Took these photos last minute...so they weren't really good.
If I haven’t mentioned this, the recipe I used was Haw Flake Cheese Lapis.
Since I neither eat nor fancy my own products, I always love comments especially when it’s my first time. Here are some comments I’ve received so far:
Mom: The cake is moist and heavy enough, however the taste is still not as rich as the S’wak ones.
Dad: Nicer than the Bali’s layered cakes, too sweet though. I don’t dare to eat too much.
Kimmie: Okiee lar….(so mian qiang oh)
Colleague A: Too sweet…maybe coz of the san char bing
And a recent comment from a close friend of mine who just sent me this message: Oh ya, ur kek lapis kan, they like it o..they said taste is very good oredi but the layer is quite thick compare to kek lapis S’wak. U should’ve make it thinner and my sis said, should make the colour brighter. And my elder brother said, ur cake really looks like cake, compared to mine..hehe.
Really appreciated all the comments. Thanks everybody :-). At least I’m aware now of the areas I need to improve which in summary are:
(1) The thickness of each layer (the thinner the better, I have to get myself a metal flattener then);
(2) The richness (I guess this point has to do with the selection of recipes???);
(3) Reduce sweetness (Can I do anything about this if I decide to continue using san char? Well, unless I remove the sugar totally which is also redundant coz the cake texture would be affected (greatly)!);
(4) Colour (I can always add more colourings although it is not agreeable from health point of view. Will search for other alternatives and substitutes.)
Messaged my ‘Ge Ge’ this morning to ask him help me checkout the West M’sian phone directory book for the Chinese embassy’s contacts, since we only have the directories for the east side. Seems like Mr ‘Ge Ge’ has been busy practicing his badminton….any chances of participating in the London 2012? Hehe, our future gold medalist….Jia You oh!
Air asia is starting their zero fare promotion today; 1,000,000 seats so people need only pay for the taxes. Booking period is till this Sunday only, for travel from April 2009 to September 2009. Imagine to Melbourne, it costs only RM990 for a round whole trip!
Will be going outstation tomorrow to a town which I haven’t been for decades, the tip of Borneo!! Have a study to be conducted there and shall be back by this Thursday!
P/S: I still haven’t got the chance to do my muk shu gao yet, and I’m already thinking of Blueberry Kek Lapis……Well, just let’s say…I enjoy buying muk shu gao (the below) than making one that I probably won’t eat! Unless Mr PA, you’re willing to make for me??

The muk shu gao i normally buy

No comments:
Post a Comment