Enough of tarts, here are the cupcakes. These chocolate chip cupcakes were made for little cousins last week, together with the blueberry tartlets. I tried to decorate them as fan-cia-ble as possible, with lots of colourful smarties and marshmallows, but seemed like the results didn’t really turn out the way I wanted.
First is this ‘supposed to be’ piggy head cupcake. Covered in strawberry cream with pink marshmallow ears, chocolate chips as the eyes and blueberry lining for the lips, I honestly did not think they look like pigs at all. Instead, they looked more like a cartoon character in a cartoon called something and something. Couldn’t remember the name anymore, but it was about a mouse who tried to conquer the world with his doffy and skinny pal who was the stupid one.
First is this ‘supposed to be’ piggy head cupcake. Covered in strawberry cream with pink marshmallow ears, chocolate chips as the eyes and blueberry lining for the lips, I honestly did not think they look like pigs at all. Instead, they looked more like a cartoon character in a cartoon called something and something. Couldn’t remember the name anymore, but it was about a mouse who tried to conquer the world with his doffy and skinny pal who was the stupid one.

Next is this ‘supposed to be’ mouse head cupcake but ended up looking more like a green pig!! :-S. Pigs like mice, mice like pigs. Gosh, something must be wrong with my senses, hehe. This cupcake is covered in kiwi cream with green marshmallow ears, flowery marshmallow nose and a green pair of smarties eyes.

The third is fairly simple. Covered with smarties, I must admit this is the easiest way to attract a 2 year old boy. :-)
The fourth design is the uncle head cupcake. The marshmallows were supposed to be the moustache. The top miniature cakes are plain chocolate cakes with one smartie full stop each.
Like the third, the fifth is also fairly simple. With a smiley marshmallow and accompanying flowers, this is the second easiest way to attract a 5 year old girl.
Altogether they were presented like this to my dear cousins:
Both sisters got one each too.
Both sisters got one each too.

I don’t really know if they like them (hope they do), but I do know my two sisters loved them! Think I’m going to get everyone fattened up soon…hehehe, well, no worries, it won’t long till the day I’ll be gone.
The latest cake I baked was these oreo cheesecakes in cups, ordered by an auntie for sale in her shop recently last Tuesday. Hehe, was trying to reduce costs to fit my budget so they ended up looking pretty dull with the least deco. Well, nevertheless, they do look very oreo-ish, don’t they? Think she’ll make a profit out of them, coz her selling price is RM5 sth which is almost RM2 more expensive than mine!
The latest cake I baked was these oreo cheesecakes in cups, ordered by an auntie for sale in her shop recently last Tuesday. Hehe, was trying to reduce costs to fit my budget so they ended up looking pretty dull with the least deco. Well, nevertheless, they do look very oreo-ish, don’t they? Think she’ll make a profit out of them, coz her selling price is RM5 sth which is almost RM2 more expensive than mine!




No comments:
Post a Comment