Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 15, 2008

Sweet.......

I nearly forgot this. My ex-trainee, Elisa, gave me some tapiocas yesterday together with the mangoes she asked from her neighbor for my cake. Sweet huh? The tapiocas were not really from her, but her mom who also, was kind enough to peel the skin for me. Double sweet huh?
One of my most favourite local delights is the mu shu gao, or steamed tapioca kuih. Yellowish in colour and sometimes covered in grated coconut, they taste really really good...(to me only lar). I mentioned to Elisa just before she left that i wanted to try making this gao, only when i have time, as the methods involved are pretty tedious, particularly the peeling and grating part. I think she triple eight (38) to her mom, and perhaps that was why her mom got them for me at the market she went early in the morning. Not only that, along with the fruits inside the bag was a sheet of paper containing the instructions on how to store and make them too....Triple sweet hehe.
Ya, so got no choice but to try making them tomorrow, otherwise they’ll go off. Just thinking who’ll be eating them all, as i’m the only one in the house who likes them. I have lotsa movies to watch over the weekend, all thanks to Elisa again...Quadruple sweet.
I told her that whoever marries her will be very ‘xing fu’ because she’s such a ‘ti tie’ person. E.g. she’ll make sure the relevant softwares are included along with the movies to ensure i can open and watch them. As usual, she disagreed claiming, it’s me who would make my husband xing fu because i can cook very well?!!?? Haha, what she doesn’t know is...it’s my dear Mr PA who cooks most of the time, so i’m the xing fu one! Hehe..

No comments: