Delivered a cake order this morning, but wasn’t really pleased with my own ‘product’. It was a mango cheesecake for an eight year old boy’s birthday. I did it last night, and think maybe coz it was like an ‘overtime’ task, the result was not as ‘good’ or ‘scrumptious as I had expected during the planning. Or else, the cake sounds a bit ‘serious?’ or ‘posh’ for an eight year old boy. Normally eight year old kids have chocolate cake as their birthday cakes. Either that or ice cream but seldom cheesecakes..or mango cheesecake. (Haha, giving myself an excuse for the imperfection)…The most perfect excuse is Mr PA was not around to help me so the efficiency went down.
Initially thought of decorating the whole cake with mango slices, but the supply wasn’t enough, and the mangoes were too ripe that they couldn’t be cut/shaped neatly. The supply was enough to cover the top part only, so I applied cream cheese over them and decorated the cake as a little boy’s head as a compliment for the birthday boy. Used the leftover bits and pieces to make some mango tartlets for my family.
Just took the pics before I sent it off this morning so will post them soon after I’ve uploaded.
Renewed my driving license today also, however since I couldn’t change a new one with a new photo at the post office, I extended it for two years only. Waited for like the whole lunch hour in the long queue at the post office just to get this done. Oh well, at least it’s renewed before it goes off tomorrow.
Nothing special today, even at work there isn’t much to do. Did some proposals, drafted an appeal letter for the client and checked the malay translation. Nearly finished up the whole mentos bar in an hour due to boredom. Am sooo sleepy now.
Initially thought of decorating the whole cake with mango slices, but the supply wasn’t enough, and the mangoes were too ripe that they couldn’t be cut/shaped neatly. The supply was enough to cover the top part only, so I applied cream cheese over them and decorated the cake as a little boy’s head as a compliment for the birthday boy. Used the leftover bits and pieces to make some mango tartlets for my family.
Just took the pics before I sent it off this morning so will post them soon after I’ve uploaded.
Renewed my driving license today also, however since I couldn’t change a new one with a new photo at the post office, I extended it for two years only. Waited for like the whole lunch hour in the long queue at the post office just to get this done. Oh well, at least it’s renewed before it goes off tomorrow.
Nothing special today, even at work there isn’t much to do. Did some proposals, drafted an appeal letter for the client and checked the malay translation. Nearly finished up the whole mentos bar in an hour due to boredom. Am sooo sleepy now.

No comments:
Post a Comment