Do you know where to find the best bao in town? It’s Chakitiam, the shop in Damai that is often filled with customers due to its superlicious-deficious delici-oous zhu rou bao. I like the char sao bao more, although most would disagree with me. Well I do admit that the zhu rou bao is really good, just that it’s not my cup of tea so, I would always prefer char sao over zhu rou. After all, they are still pork….
No 10 in Lintas is my another favourite shop for baked char sao bao. I used to go crazy for its bo lou bao when I was younger during the uni days but after a while, I got sick of it, being fully aware that the fat content is very high due to the extra butter on top and the filling. Part of growing up, I guess…..you tend to change, and dislike what you used to fancy a lot, or less fancy something that you used to crave like crazy last time. Wonder how long would it take before I grow tired of char sao bao. Have been eating it everyday for the past almost 3 years now and am still enjoying every bite of it. Mom always says it’s easy to predict my menu; when it comes to breakfast, it’s either bao or porridge; and my choice of dish for dinner? Sweet and sour fish..
No 10 in Lintas is my another favourite shop for baked char sao bao. I used to go crazy for its bo lou bao when I was younger during the uni days but after a while, I got sick of it, being fully aware that the fat content is very high due to the extra butter on top and the filling. Part of growing up, I guess…..you tend to change, and dislike what you used to fancy a lot, or less fancy something that you used to crave like crazy last time. Wonder how long would it take before I grow tired of char sao bao. Have been eating it everyday for the past almost 3 years now and am still enjoying every bite of it. Mom always says it’s easy to predict my menu; when it comes to breakfast, it’s either bao or porridge; and my choice of dish for dinner? Sweet and sour fish..
Yeah, I believe so. I find it hard to get rid or not choosing something which I really like. Stubborn I guess, or hard headed. The thing is I know there’s so much nice food out there and believe me, when comes to good places to eat, I’m well informed of famous coffee shops/restaurants and would know what this or that place is famous for, but sadly, I don’t really fancy them apart from my ‘routine’ menu. Well, that is me. The faithful eater.
And u know what, another thing about me is that I don’t like baking or making or cooking stuff I like to eat. There are still some exceptional cases like, blueberry muffins which I love eating and baking, my own kek lapis and fruit cake which I also love…simply because, there’s none in KK that I find good! I can’t fly to S’wak every week just to buy kek lapis, can I? Again, I’m not saying my products are very good, just that they happened to suit my taste bud because there are no good ones in KK or rather the choices are limited hence less competition.
Perhaps this is the reason I shrunk in size ever since I came back. UK used to be my fantasy land with lotsa nice desserts and pastries. Custard donuts, white chocolate magnum ice creams, chocolate chip soft cookies, mullerice, Cornish pastries, apple crumble, etc etc…..well you name it.....so you can imagine how big i was once a upon a time................CAN YOU?
And u know what, another thing about me is that I don’t like baking or making or cooking stuff I like to eat. There are still some exceptional cases like, blueberry muffins which I love eating and baking, my own kek lapis and fruit cake which I also love…simply because, there’s none in KK that I find good! I can’t fly to S’wak every week just to buy kek lapis, can I? Again, I’m not saying my products are very good, just that they happened to suit my taste bud because there are no good ones in KK or rather the choices are limited hence less competition.
Perhaps this is the reason I shrunk in size ever since I came back. UK used to be my fantasy land with lotsa nice desserts and pastries. Custard donuts, white chocolate magnum ice creams, chocolate chip soft cookies, mullerice, Cornish pastries, apple crumble, etc etc…..well you name it.....so you can imagine how big i was once a upon a time................CAN YOU?
P/S: I dislike this comp very much!

No comments:
Post a Comment