Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Time is the Essence

It’ll be my 2nd anniversary by the time I leave. Phew, time really flies..i remember when I just started on the 2nd October 2006, I was introduced by an ex colleague who’s no longer here today, supervised by a supervisor who quitted on my 8th month, and heard laughter of those who have long since been gone. Everything here is so different now. As I ponder on my seat looking and starring at those who pass by my desk every now and then, I begin to realize that there’s actually nothing left for me to be ‘ke shi’ of, or ‘bu shi de’. New faces are everywhere, new desk arrangements, new compartments, new etc etc… The only thing that will be my regret is leaving my good boss. I hope God will bless me with another one like him, or even better in the future. It has been a tough decision, I have to admit, but nothing is more important than achieving your own dreams or longings for a long long time. I have been considering this for three years already, and it’s time to make a move. I trust that God will bless me with a better employer, like how He had been doing for the past three years; my first boss was a great teacher to me, yet always seeking for my opinions so that with our combined ideas, we could achieve the most perfect solution. My current one is an opportunity giver, also a great teacher who has given me lotsa opportunities to discover and maximize my potentials in my working aspects; who trusts me with great confidence, and who is not afraid to encourage me with good compliments anytime. It’s very rare that bosses praise their staff for whatever they’ve done, u know…and a simple ‘well done’ or ‘great job’ is powerful enough to motivate one to climb higher and that’s my boss..:-).

For the remaining month, I’ll be making use of the days to bless those who still remain, and those who are fresh to this environment. There are so many things to do, not only today’s unfinished tasks, but tasks that are never ending like spending time with family and good friends.

Back to baking business, as I’ve mentioned in my previous blog, I did do some bakings over the last weekend: kek lapis and some cheese tarts.
This time, it was a different layered cake, with no colouring at all: The Blueberry Cheese Lapis. My dad liked it so much that he brought some for his friends to try, which is very unlikely of him. One colleague likes it too, and gave me the following compliment:
This time your cake is nice especially the blueberry. Even better than the Sarawak kek lapis hehehe…next time I order from you lah the blue berry pny.

Just in case you’re wondering what he meant by especially…there was another layered cake I baked, which is Fruity Lapis. The presentation of the cake was disappointing, and comments received so far have indicated that this cake was not as good as the previous two.

The cheese tarts were made for an auntie who is displaying and selling them in her shop these few days. Fifteen of them altogether, three kiwi, four apple mango, four blueberry, and four cookies and cream.
I will pose the photos tomorrow morning before I leave for my field trip. Will be spending the night there and back on Friday.

No comments: