I've been thinking a lot today. Even in the midst of friends laughing and chatting away, my mind was being drifted far far away....up to the 'unimaginable' of the unsupposedly thoughts of the worldly desires. What am i talking about???!!!
Which awakes me. Life is not a Cinderella story. You cannot wish for something, and then merely stand there waiting for your that something to come true, because it isn't gonna happen. No, sorry, there is no fairy godmother who would come to your rescue and play her magic wand. And happy ever after?? No such thingy unless you make the necessary efforts.
I'm a princess fan ever since young. U name it, i have all the princess video tapes available during my young days, from Cinderella to Snow White and the 7 dwarfs to Sleeping Beauty to Beauty and the Beast (which came at a later stage). I used to have fantasies like almost all girls do, you know, the white prince on a white horse coming to your princess rescue thingy or fooling myself that everything would change when the clock strikes 12am. Haha, i laugh at myself even at the thoughts of this, because no, there is NO such thing as white prince or white horse, not to mention Cinderella? Ya, sometimes i do wish i have a fairy godmother who could solve all my problems in just a twinkle. Or give me this and that in a blink. Or change me into a happily ever after princess (with no worries forever) when the clock strikes 12. But the reality is no. NO NO NO!
As i laid in the dark, memories of the past 24 years began flashing back one by one. I'm surprised at myself. I'm confused with my own well being. I'm flattered at the things i have achieved and i'm saddened because i have achieved them. I regret over things i have yet to achieve and blame myself for giving excuses.
Ya, life is never a cinderella story. Life is about ups and downs, cries and laughters, pain and gain, thankfulness and regrets and choices over consequences. Life is a blessing from heaven. There may be no fairy godmothers around, but there is always my Saviour Jesus who would bring me through all in all.
Just a simple reminder to those who are reading this, and/or at the same time experiencing a mild nostalgic heartache like I was, God is there all the time. He knows everything. 'These beautiful about-to bloom flowers' is a good example - He is working. So you must work hard either.
Spring is here. Do not fool yourself. You are who you present yourself to be. You are what you eat. And importantly you are who God made you to be. With an extra effort, happy ever after doesn't sound too hard, does it? God bless you always :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment